Pressure cooker is a very useful appliance that is quickly becoming popular in modern kitchens of today. Their popularity is mainly because of their fast cooking. A pressure cooker uses simple laws of physics to cook food 70% faster and using less energy than conventional cooking techniques. You can read pressure cooker buyer’s guide to learn more about pressure cookers. Here is a list of top 3 stovetop pressure cookers:
Kuhn Rikon Pressure Cooker:
- Swiss made Kuhn Rikon offers a generous capacity of 7 quarts.
- It is made from very strong 18/10 stainless steel with a base of aluminum core. The aluminum base ensures uniform heat transfer and faster cooking.
- Its spring pressure valve diminishes the noise from the cooker and offers an improved pressure regulation.
- It comes with 2 safety vents for the release of steam if pressure goes beyond the preset levels. This ensures safety of the user as well the kitchen.
- It comes with an automatic locking lid to ensure further safety.
- It is easy to clean but not dishwasher safe.
- The manufacturer offers a 10 year warranty with the product.
All American 921:
- USA made All American 921 features a strong aluminum construction which assists in uniform and fast heating.
- It has a 21.5 quart capacity that is suitable for pressure canning as well. It is designed for canning 19 pint jars or 7 quart sized jars.
- It does not use gaskets to seal the container. Instead it uses metal-to-metal sealing with high gauge screws. Hence you do not have to worry about replacing the gasket.
- It comes with 3 pressure settings: 5, 10 and 15 psi.
- It has 2 automatic venting mechanisms, the safety control valve and the over-pressure plug, to provide with maximum safety.
- It has a smooth finish and is easy to clean but is not dishwasher safe.
- The manufacturer offers a 1 year warranty with the product.
Fissler Vitaquick Pressure Cooker:
- This German made pressure cooker is made of 18/10 stainless steel with a base of aluminum core just like in Kuhn Rikon.
- Aluminum base provides faster and uniform heating.
- This cooker is dishwasher safe unlike the other two varieties.
- Spring-loaded Euromatic valve provides a safe escape path for the steam without the pressure going beyond preset values.
- It has a self-locking lid which makes a click sound and a color display that switches when the lid is closed properly. This ensures that the lid is properly closed and the user does not make a mistake.
- It is one of the few cookers that can actually reach 15 PSI.
- Fissler offers a lifetime warranty on the individual parts of the cooker.
Two types of pressure cookers are available in the market: electric pressure cooker and stovetop pressure cooker. Electric pressure cookers are newer more advanced varieties that offer more functionality and convenience as compared to stovetop models. However, some people including some well known chefs still prefer stovetop models over electric models due to some obvious reasons. The most prominent among these is the ability of stovetop models to reach higher maximum pressures and temperatures.